What Owners Complain About
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2001 Monte Carlo turn signals work intermittently 29 (100%)
- 2001 Monte Carlo car will not start, security light is flashing 16 (55%)
- 2003 Monte Carlo security light comes on and car won't start 13 (45%)
- 2001 Monte Carlo service traction system & ABS lights on 11 (38%)
- 2007 Monte Carlo transmission slams into gear 10 (34%)
6th Generation Monte Carlo Key Numbers
A proposed settlement will award certain GM owners in Arizona about $200 each for owning cars with ignition switch problems.
The $6.28 million will be paid to about 33,000 GM owners in Arizona, as long as they purchased the vehicles between July 2009 and July 2014 and didn't get rid of the vehicles before the ignition switch recalls were announced in 2014..
As with any settlement, there are plenty of stipulations which you can read about here.keep reading